Police A1 Report

Dear Client.

The insurance world is forever changing and so are the insurance protocols and procedures associated with your insurance policy.

It is important to identify when an incident must be reported to the police, and the time frame in relation to the incident.




Contents and All-Risk

When reporting a case following a loss due to a crime (burglary claims/Housebreak-in) you must:

  • Complete a SAPS A1 report.
  • Include a detailed list of items stolen.


After completing the SAPS A1Report, you must take a photo of each page of the report.


The image/s must display the case number, bear the official SAPS stamp, and carry a signature.


If the SAPS documentation fails to meet these criteria or is altogether absent, your insurer will not be able to process the claim until they receive the necessary documentation.